Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Favourite Computer Game of All Time

Since I was 10 my father brought me a computer. That was my 1st computer, which the spec of it is:

Intel pentium 1, 166Mhz
32mb ram
4gb hard disk
15 inch monitor,
8X cd rom
floppy disk drive
windows 95

with a sticker "intel inside" on it.

This com cost RM4000



At that time, it was one of the fastest computer in the market. Still got many computers are using either DOS or win 3.11. When I was 12, i was introduced a game named red alert by my classmate. He borrow me da CD and teach me how to play. This is the 1st game that I install myself and played many many times, over and over again. As u know networking is very compicated due to most of the things is manual in windows 95. I onli can play it with the computer. If the units is too much, my computer can even lag.



When I am looking at this screen shot i think the graphic when i played this game is much better than the screen shot here. When i was 14, one of my neighbour which is also my schoolmates introduced me red alert 2, which the graphic and gameplay is much more better than this. With my pentium 1, i needs 5 minutes to get into the game. During the game, the gameplay is 50% slower than the actual speed. But I still play this game on my PC for so so so many hours. Can you think of playing a battle needs mor than 4 hours?? After this my fren brought a new PC Intel pentium 3, Which can run this game smoothly. So I always go to his house to play this game. Sumtimes we even take turns to play the missions. So this game can be considered as one of my gud childhood memory.





When i was 16, I goes to cafe to play LAN game with my fren. And during these few years, I am still playing this game with my friends. The difference is the computer nowadays is always connected, We no need to move our computer, set ip in order to play it. Last year I still spend lots of time playing this game with frends. Bt unfortunatly now i have changed my com, my laptop now are using windos vista which can't support this game. Bt it will still be MY FAVOURITE!!!

3 comments:

shawn kL said...

hahaha i read ady i oso beh tahan leh!!!!
Really looks like secondary school essay..
This is really childhood memory even da writting style.. XDXD

hagane86 said...

haha... red alert...classic childhood game.
now the monitor become bigger and bigger so the game also cant view correctly d... all square square boxes come out... :-P

kurokei said...

lol i wanted to play but never installed the game. XD