Sunday, August 31, 2008

Secret recipe of egg tart

Since now is my study week, I can hardly on9, this is because I need to study the whole semester things in a week. So to get ready for my exam I came back to Subang to prepare my mood for my final exam.

But since study week is a whole week, I spend the 1st day of my study week that's yesterday for egg tart lesson. Egg tart lesson is one of the ways to get into the exam mood, you will know the reason later. That's why I like study week because it is free to do anything, and you can study when you get bored. I won't go in detail for the ingredient and ways, I will let you know the reason later. Be patient, read through it slowly.

Another reason I learn this is to make it and sell it at the UTAR Fes-tival next year.





Ingredient
1) Eggs
2) Syrup
3) Sugar
4) Flour
5) Custard
6) Tart shape metal
7) Filter
8) Vegetable shortening
9) Icing powder



This is what we get, after mixing the ingredient for the skin of the tart.



We placed the skin ingredient into the shape of the tart.



This is the mixture of the egg and the syrup.



After that, we pour in the egg+syrup in to the tart skin.



Then we put it into the toaster and baked for 23 minutes.



This is the result. FAIL!!!!!

The reason is because we cannot set the temperature for the toaster.



So we used the microwave. 180 °C for 23 minutes.

But the microwave turns off itself during 13 minutes. It can't be turned on after that!!!!!!



This is the result. FAIL!!!!!!!

After this gave up!!!
Before this my mom did it a few times ago, every time succeeded with many tarts. This can refer to my cousin post. (
violet)
When I wanted to make my own then FAIL!!!! >.<

So I am moody after that, and I can concentrate on my exam. This is why Making tart can get me into the exam mood.

To whom it may concern:
Don't worry, I will learn it again after exam. We will sell it in festival next year!!!!

5 comments:

=chuan guan= said...

our sales depend on u d larrr

Anonymous said...

haaa... very funny le... this is ur way to get into exam mood...

Marilyn said...

be4 baking the egg tarts really look nice de, haha. nvm, festival still got long time to go, u got very long time to find the correct temp n time to bake them..haha

miChi3 said...

cehhhh!
i thought really get to learn how to make egg tart..:p
hahaha..after success dee treat me eat ya. XD

shawn kL said...

chuanguan & marilyn:
Dun worry.. R&D in progress

anonymous:
^^

michi3:
Haha, but da tart that i made can eat also. Juz the taste special a bit. R&D in progress.. :)