Monday, January 5, 2009

China trip day 1 & 2



I had my china free and easy trip last week.
My father had rent a car from his friend and he brings us to those interesting place and also place that are the best to shop.
from the map above is the area I travelled.
click on the map to enlarge



when reached ShenZhen international airport. The flight has been delayed for more than 1 hour. Air Asia flights are terrible everyone rush for nice seats when the gate opens. I think Air Asia is the only company that does not provide seat number. Since all Air Asia flight is to Kuala Lumpur, it really made Malaysia an uncivilized country. There are no other flight needs to rush for their seats.



When I reached there we had a bowl of porridge with fish (生鱼) and frog (田鸡)
They said that 食在广东游在广西 (eat at guang dong play at guang xi)
the food at guang dong are really good. I ate triple the amount of food I normally had.



The hotel I stayed for the 1st day.



The lobby. Regretted forget to take photo for every hotel room during the trip.



Shen Zhen in the morning.



After had our breakfast, we started our journey to 阳朔 (yangshuo)
One thing special about their street, most of the are made of cement, only the new highway are made from tar.
The photo above is the road in ShenZhen, in 广西 (guang xi) the road are in very bad condition some area the two land of the road become 1 lane. Each side need to wait for 15 minutes.
Their toll is horrible when entering a town you need to pay once and leaving need to pay once again. I think for this single day we have pass through more than 20 tolls.



This is the van that brings us around for these few day.



The petrol station in some kampung, their kampung is more kampung than ours, but their city is more city than ours. Their petrol is also more expensive than ours.



After 12 hours of car ride we reach 阳朔 (yangshuo). This is the street at night.



Curry rice I had which tasted very bad. Because it is some Hong Kong restaurant, and the curry is very different it is totally not spicy.



The hotel we stayed in 阳朔
The 1st day and 2nd day basically used to travel.

For the 3rd day we started our visit to 阳朔 interesting place.
They used a sentence to describe 阳朔 and 桂林 (gui lin)
桂林山水甲天下,阳朔堪称甲桂林
which means gui lin has the best mountain and water in the whole world, but yang shuo can said better than gui lin

5 comments:

Kae Vin said...

Nice trip

Why eat curry rice in China?? :S

"I ate triple the amount of food I normally had."

That would be nine times my normal amount of food. XD

KAybE cHaNG said...

haha....seriously... u really eat so much!!!?? haha.... i tot go travel so far will "shan shui bu fu"... but i think mostly u are ok.... still can eat so much... unbelievable!!

shawn kL said...

KAybE cHaNG:

Well I makan very keng de la. I think my digestion system very good.

Unknown said...

didnt go to great wall of china?

shawn kL said...

Irvine:
China is very very big... LOL